Thursday 25 August 2022

TABLE TOP MUSEUM

I'll be participating in @artworkersguild Table Top Museum, an exhibition of collectors showing their collections. I'll be showing A Plethora of Passementerie, samples from my archive stretching back over the last 30 years and beyond.

Amongst which will be several bullion samples, including the Sultan of Brunei's throne room (first passementerie I ever wove) and a banner weight, woven late 90s, which was used on the banners exchanged by football teams at the beginning of a match. I gave the Spurs and Arsenal ones away. The one I have left is red and gold so wasn't sure which team it was for (possibly Man U, as same colours as logo?)

And you thought passementerie was only for cushions!

So, if you have a penchant for the peculiar, esoteric and eccentric, this is the event for you.

There will also be the chance to have a nosy around the Guild's beautiful building with a pre-booked tour as part of Open House Festival @opencitylondon

Sunday 18th September, 11am-5pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment